All about our eSIM
What is eSIM?
What is eSIM?
eSIM stands for "embedded SIM".
The big difference from the card type SIM is that eSIM is built into the smartphone.
Benefits of eSIM
No need to replace your home SIM
Unlike the card type SIM, there is no need to insert or remove the SIM
No delivery time
Since there is no delivery, you can use the internet immediately after arriving in Japan. (Settings are required before use.)
Because eSIM doesn't use plastic card and doesn't generate waste, it is environmentally friendly
No need to have multiple SIMs.
Since eSIM can add multiple mobile plans, you don't have to carry multiple SIMs anymore
Click "BUY" on the top menu and tap on "Buy now" on the next page. Then select "Delivery directly to your device (eSIM)".
What you need to place an order.
1）An EID number.
EID is the embedded eSIM identification number. Here's how to check your EID on your iPhone or iPad.
For smartphones, please refer to the instruction manual of your smartphone.
Go to Settings > General > About > look under "EID".
Acceptable credit cards are VISA, Master Card, JCB, American Express and Diners Club.
Best to order few days
before coming to Japan.
The Service Period Countdown will automatically start on the 15th day after the purchase, so it's best to purchase just before coming to Japan.
Also, eSIM will be ready to use within 24 hours* from the date of purchase.
You will receive an email with the subject "eSIM is ready to use" at the time.
*Please check the timing of receiving the email below.
|eSIM application completion (JST)||Timing of receiving the email|
|0:00～10:00||Around 11:00, same day|
|10:00～20:00||Within 1 hour|
|20:00～24:00||Around 11:00, next day|
You can do followings in Status page.
- 1) Check your SIM status and remaining data amount.
- 2) Charge to extend usable period or add data amount.
- 3) Request a reissue of eSIM.
- 4) Check Contract information
- 5) Register email address to get alert emails on the remaining data.
How to access to the Status page
If you are using VISITOR SIM turn OFF the Wi-Fi and tap on "Go to Status page" button below.
Or you can access by entering your email address and VISITOR SIM phone number starting 020.
- This product has Service start deadline (14days form the product purchased date [EID registered date]). Please start using the Product by deadline (Connecting to the Internet using the Product. The connection at the biggening is called "initial connection"). If and when "Electronic delivery" is not selected in the application, service start date will be after the date receiving this documentation.
- When applying, Credit line will be set to your credit card for package fee (if not able to set credit line, application will not be completed).
EID registration will complete in 24hours from application completion. This date will be the purchase date for the product and package fee will be charged to registered credit card. If and when EID registration cannot be completed, credit line will be cancelled. Please apply to the product.
- When electronic delivery of the Contract Information is not selected and if "Delivery confirmation of physical delivery of Contract Information" is not verified, the product cannot be used and package fee will not be refundable.
- When eSIM profile is deleted before Service start deadline, please apply for reissuance of eSIM from Online charge site by 20:00 on the deadline date (If this date and time is passed eSIM profile cannot be reissued. However, if considered that Initial connection is made in with, application of reissuance is accepted from the next day.)
- When electronic delivery of the Contract Information is selected and cannot verify "Start Service (Initial connection)" consideration will be made that "Start Service (Initial connection)" is deemed to have been made by the deadline.
- When electronic delivery of the Contract Information is not selected and "Delivery confirmation of physical delivery of Contract Information" is verified but "Start Service (Initial connection)" cannot be verified, consideration will be made that "Start Service (Initial connection)" is deemed to have been made by the deadline.
- This product can be charged in means to extend usage period and to increase data usage amount. (Charging period is from the Initial connection to 2 days after the expiration of usage period. Charing will not be possible after changing period is passed.)
Please note that purchasing the same product during the charge period will not be possible (Please take caution when purchasing a product without charging).
- When using this eSIM, there are possibility that combined usage with other SIM or eSIM may not be possible.